- Current Events
- Past Events
- Planet V Christmas @ Nest | December 10, 2016
- Homegrown @ The Velvet Underground | March 11, 2016
- On Point X-Mas Party @ Tattoo | December 12, 2015
- Rebirth @ Phoenix | August 7, 2015
- Bass Concept @ Red | May 30, 2015
- The Next Chapter @ Kool Haus | December 5, 2014
- BassRyze – 25 Years of Kenny Ken @ Ryze | July 18, 2014
- DJ Hype & MC Daddy Earl @ The Guvernment | July 19, 2013
- DJ Marky & Friends @ Phoenix Concert Theatre | April 20, 2013
- Sting @ Moskito | March 21, 2013
- Playaz @ Kool Haus | December 7, 2012
- Bangers & Mash @ Annex Wreckroom | September 28, 2012
- Planet V @ Phoenix Concert Theatre | April 20, 2012
- Serum & David Boomah @ The Great Hall | March 9, 2012
- Ice Cold @ Annex Wreckroom | January 27, 2012
- Hype @ The Guvernment | December 16, 2011
- Benny Page @ Annex Wreckroom | September 30, 2011
- Hype @ Phoenix Concert Theatre | July 22, 2011
NC-17 is a Drum & Bass act based in Toronto, Canada. The namesake refers to the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) rating system which undertakes that an NC-17 rating film would be one based around violence, sex, aberrational behavior, drug abuse or any other element that most parents would consider too intense for viewing by their children. NC-17’s love of cinema is reflected not only in his name, but equally in his music, combining both NC-17 rating style hardness and a cinematic edge that any fan of Drum & Bass will understand. Crafting music that works not only in an artistic capacity, but also as a catalyst to making clubbers shake their collective booties!
NC-17 started in 2004, initially learning his craft from Impulse of Corrupt Soul’s fame, NC-17 began to draw on a huge range of musical and audio-visual influences to create his own unique sound.
NC-17 is an experienced DJ, promoter, producer and University educated film maker. Discovered by the legendary DJ Trace’s imprint DSCI4 for the track Slug Path which garnered a lot of attention from some of the major players in Drum n Bass with a massive Dj Support by Andy C, DJ Hype & Ed Rush. Following this massive release on DSCI4, NC-17 went on to sign with various labels but wasn’t until he got signed to Viper Recordings & Renegade Hardware where NC-17 got a lot of attention from the public & ever since then NC-17 has been plugging away with massive releases on many of the premier Drum n Bass labels. With big singles on State of Mind, MacII, and All Sorts.
In 2012 NC-17 started the label Grindhou5e Audio which features some of NC-17’s own work but also signing tracks from such artists as The Upbeats, State of Mind, Smooth, Mr Explicit, Cabin Fever & Fade. With big dj support Grindhou5e is a label to watch for in the future.
With NC-17 plugging away with production, djing & now with his own imprint the skies the limit for this DNB act from Toronto.
On Point Releases:
NC-17 & NuSense – Henchville